Tuesday, July 26, 2011

don't answer that question

don't answer that question...

today I'm taking stock of what I have in front of me:
a) the 3 of a perfect pair band camp in late august,
at which I'll be teaching, talking, playing, jamming,
and learning material with pat and tony.
b) the ellnora guitar festival in champagne-urbana, Il.
which happens only a week later in early september
at which I'll be giving the keynote address at
the krannert art center, performing a one-man show,
and possibly debuting the DVD of "e for orchestra"
at the art cinema in town.
c) jumping straight into performance mode with
the 2 of a perfect pair tour (which is selling well, btw)
which is being extended for another week into florida
as we speak making the total of dates nearly 40,
the miles to be driven more like 14,ooo,
the time away from home nearly two months!

this means within the next 3 weeks I will have to:
a) decide on a teaching curriculum and plan out
what to do each day of the band camp,
which ends by the way with a performance
(of what I'm not yet sure)
b) write a half-hour keynote address
(about what I'm not yet sure)
c) put together and rehearse the material for
the one-show (which means I"ll have to re-learn it),
d) put together and rehearse the material for the
2 of a perfect trio tour including whatever
krimson we decide to play as a six-piece band and,
e) pack my bag, get in the van, and drive...

that's what I'm thinking about today.

tomorrow I'll begin recording vocals for the
9 new songs daniel and I have been recording.
my cut off date for working on this material
meant for the new solo record is august 1
so I'm going to record as much as possible until then.
after august 1 I will have to stop recording
new material in order to concentrate on the above list.

so..
right this very minute I'm asking myself...
"are you NUTS!!"

11 comments:

  1. All I can say is: YEAH FLA !!!!!!! I no longer have to worry about missing this tour. Thank You!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is my first time hearing about the Ellnora Guitar Festival. Champaign-Urbana, here we come!

    Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're nuts. But we REALLY appreciate it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'People say I'm crazy, doin' what I'm dooo-in'...'

    Sounds daunting and fun. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been a fan of yours since seeing you at Mabel’s in the early 80's. My son has just become a huge King Crimson fan. Could you please add Austin, Texas to your 2 of a perfect trio tour. My son and I just got to see TU in Austin a couple of months ago. Got to talk with them after the show. My son was really impressed. Sounds like this tour is going to be fantastic. I hope we get to see it.
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  6. No you are a genius !!!!! You CAN do it all, with focus,intention and energy (try organic coconut water, it's amazing, seriously )This all sounds really positive :):) Thanks soooo much for Florida Ade, I get to see the tour twice ! Namaste !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i cant wait to see the 2 show in chicago , we did get a chance to see the mighty crim once , i am still feeling a little scared after that . 9 new songs , ding ding ding !! safe travels best wishes and have fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always talking with yourself, I love that...Great for u! more crisis: more creation, as Eugene Ionesco says "In the absence of artistic crisis, I would be dead" ....come to Argentina again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are simply amazing Adrian as both a musician and a person.I for one cant wait to see the 2 of a perfect pair show.I will be flying to NYC to catch one of the Iridium shows,and maybe even catch it again in Florida depending on where those shows are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, you are coming close to Bloomington-Normal for once. If I have the $$$, I can bring you a gift of Avanti's bread.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See you in SLC Oct 12 and SFO Oct 18.

    ReplyDelete